Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Meet trivago people #2: Alberto Calcerrada, Communication Spain


1) Introduce yourself
My name is Alberto and I come from Spain. I am 30 years old and I am part of Communication Spain.

2) How would you describe your job?
I care about the relationship between trivago and the Spanish Media. I especially like it because I have a direct relationships with the journalists and they are  always wanting to stay informed about everything. For this reason, it is very enriching for me to work with in this area.


3) What were your expectations when you started working for trivago? Have they been fulfilled?
I don’t remember my first day at trivago, butI started in February of 2008. I feel especially connected with the product. The first time that I used it I found it really useful, and thought it would be a great idea to inform journalists and the Spanish population about this useful service.

4) Where are you from?  What do you recommend about your hometown?
I’m from Alcázar de San Juan, it is a typical small village in La Mancha--with windmills, vineyards and olive trees. Toledo, the capital of the region has a great historical center. It is called "the city of the three cultures " because in the past, Christians, Jews and Muslims lived there together at peace. I can also recommended other cities like Almagro, Cuenca and Sigüenza. All of the regions are especially cheap and good and specialize in tapas over clubbing.

5) Tell us something about “life at trivago”
I loved going kayaking a couple of years ago; especially because it is an activity that is directly connected with nature,  and it was great to be able to get some fresh air! I would like to do it again. It is rewarding to do things all together, because then you get a chance to know get to know your  colleagues and form stronger bonds with those working in other departments.

6) When you travel, what aspect of your travels  is most important to you?)
Good gastronomy and culture.

7) What is your dream destination?
Every new destination offers something new and interesting, but I would most like to visit Tokyo, Samarkand, Timbuktu and Cartagena de Indias.

8) What would your ideal hotel offer?
A big pool and a great, cheap restaurant.

9) What do you think trivago will look like in the future?
Trivago will become more international. I believe that the  international platforms will definitely grow to become much larger and more important.

10) If you had to describe trivago in 3 words, which 3 would you choose?
Useful, fast and money saving!

11) Free comment!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment