Monday, April 30, 2012

Meet trivago people #3 – Lisa Kallenberg, Head of HR




1)     Present yourself 
My name is Lisa Kallenberg, I am 25-years-old and I am the responsible of the Human Resources Department at trivago. I have been with the company since January 2008.

2) What do you remember of your first day in trivago?
Hmm…that was a long time ago. I do not remember anything specific from my first day, I just remember the time in the old office when we were only a couple of employees in total.
We used to have barbecues on the terrace and it was sufficient when people would bring one cake for their birthday. Back then everybody was also involved in setting-up for a new employee— like the table, chair, PC, etc. It’s not quite that way anymore!


3) Why do you should suggest joining in trivago?
When I hear other people talking about their work, most of the time they are moaning and groaning about it—and doing something after work with their colleagues would not even come to mind. At trivago it is different. I really enjoy coming to work every day. It is a great atmosphere, and I like the independence that is given to us, and the fact that I actually enjoy working together with my colleagues. Of course, I am also looking forward to the weekends, but even then I still end up doing a lot, partying included, with trivago coworkers.

4) Tell us something about “life at trivago”: 
As I am originally from Düsseldorf, so I might be biased, but I could not think of a better place to live. It just worked out perfectly for me that trivago is headquartered here. The office is very close to the river Rhine, and from my desk I have a great view overlooking the city of Düsseldorf. What has become especially important to me is the “beach area” in our office, where you can have a very relaxed lunch and clear your head. After work, there are always different activities to partake in; either we have a beer in the office or we all go to the promenade and a watch soccer game or end up partying in the Altstadt or engage in some kind of sport activity, like soccer or beach volleyball…. In any case, we always have a great time :)

5) Describe in detail the selection:
- How to apply (what are the elements of perfect a cover letter & CV…)?
All applications should be sent to the HR team through the system on our homepage. From there, applicants have the opportunity to choose the position they are interested in and fill-in their most important information. Here, they are also able to upload their cover letter, CV and further important documents.
- When and to whom should they send the application to?
The application always needs be sent to the HR department directly. It is best to send the application a couple of month before the applicant wants to join the team. This is because the process of reviewing all the applications and making the interview, and then going through the selection process can often takes a few weeks.
- How should the applicant prepare for a job interview?
When preparing for an interview, you should first of all think about why you want to have the position you have applied for. Then, it is important to consider why you think that you would benefit the trivago team. Last but not least, you should also take a look at our homepage and know beforehand what trivago is and how it works.
- What goes into the hiring process?
Once we have informed the candidate that would like to hire them for the position, they first have to accept our offer, following which we will send them the contract. Sometimes the candidates have questions about how to find an apartment in Düsseldorf or what to prepare before their first day—in any case, we will of course help wherever we can.
- If the application is rejected: Can I apply again? Or do you take my application into consideration for future positions?
Of course, anyone who has applied for a position and not received it is welcome to apply again, even in the case that they have been rejected once before. On our website, you can view all of our current vacancies. If you think you would be a good fit for one of the positions, then you should not hesitate and apply for it!

6) If there is not a job vacancy for my position, what should I do?
See “How to apply?”

7) Which kind of job position are offered at trivago? (Describe all the areas in few lines)
We have a large variety of job opportunities at trivago. We offer full-time positions, as well as traineeships, student jobs and internships. Each job is part of a different department—including:  Human Resources, Marketing, PR, Product, Sales and Technology.

8) How could people be update/find job vacancies?
On trivago jobs

9) Give 3 big suggestions to people who would like to apply!
1. Do not hesitate! We take a look at all applications and will check whether we have suitable vacancies available.
2. To speed up the process and to prevent the inevitable back-and-forth, please send us all of your documents with all necessary information included when you apply.
3. Have a look at our company page to get more of an insight into trivago ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. This was very helpful information for me as I applied a couple of days ago

    ReplyDelete